Friday, October 5, 2007

Websites that work

How many of your customers come to you as a result of your website? If the answer’s not many, perhaps it’s time to put the spotlight on your site’s content and look at the best way of writing websites.

Reviewing our own websites is a task many of us procrastinate over - yes I admit including me - since I launched my website in 2006 (www.leadingvalue.net) I am ashamed to say I have only update it a few times.

But as a communicator and marketer I know that regularly checking all the weapons in your marketing arsenal, including your website, is a valuable exercise. So it is part of my business focus over the next few months...what about you?

So perhaps its time to give your website and check it meets the following criteria:
1. Is it useful and relevant to my target market?
2. Has the content been written with the web in mind?
3. Is it current?
4. What do people think?
5. How many people are visiting and staying?

Writing websites with decent web content requires time and effort, but it’s worth it if you want to turn browsers into buyers. Get writing and improve your online presence today!

All the best
Heidi Alexandra Pollard

No comments: